Hide and Seek

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

relinquish & release.

WHY ARE YOU PLANNING 
AS IF YOU ALREADY KNOW?




Have you ever experienced those cherished, humbling and intimate moments with God? 
You see, God radically exposed me in the most gentle and loveliest of ways today. 
Actually, he caught me in the act and nearly knocked the wind right out of my soul - hehe. 
The knee-slapper was that I was doing this with a BIG fat smile on my face. 
(I know you're probably biting your nails to the nubs at this point) 
Okay, don't laugh. 
I was P L A N N I N G. 
I pulled out my cute little 2014 planner and was excitingly jotting things down like there was no tomorrow, folks. 
I was planning things that were hopeful dreams that WERE (!!!!!) going to take place if I had anything to do with it. 
So there I was, proclaiming and demanding things with my little black pen that I had no control of in the first place.
At first glance one could argue that this was a total act of innocence and for some (not me) I would agree.
But let me assure you, I was G U I L T Y and caught red handed. 
This was my intent: I was going to let God know (and make sure He couldn't forget) the details of my life that are so so so important and dear to my heart. 
In essence, I was just letting God know what needed to be done is all....
OY VEY (palm to face). 
Moral of the story is NOT to stop planning; it is a change of heart. 

Here was my problem, in this act I was taking things into my own hands and gripping those things ever so tightly in my heart. I desired to control the circumstances and the outcomes of my plans. 
mine mine mine.

As I was in the act, I heard this gentle whisper speaking directly into the depths of my soul:
  Why are you planning as if you already know? 
I had an "oh my gosh" moment leaving me divinely awestruck. It was at that moment where I dropped my pen (and my tight grip on MY plans) like a heaping plate of hot tamales. 
I fell in absolute LOVE with God ---- The Almighty spoke and convicted me with perfect grace and love for His daughter.  

These plans I was making were not bad; they weren't. 
Who knows, those plans I so desire to take place may actually occur but
God was simply reminding me of something of larger importance. I need to loosen my grip and let Him do what He does best.  He reminded me to put not my trust and hope in the plans itself, but in The Planner, HIMself

#snaps for a loving Father, am I right? 

Posture yourself to offer God the reign over your everyday:
"Father, I relinquish & release my everything into your tender and loving care"


RELINQUISH & RELEASE.

No comments:

Post a Comment