Hide and Seek

Thursday, January 10, 2013

#originals


it's those moments where its just You & me. 
When it all seems to become real. 
fear & overwhelming awe overtake my soul. 
my inner-most being clings & clutches to You. 
You are I AM. 
I need not speak in these moments.
I just listen with all that i am.
Because that is what it takes to hear You. 
I have to push ever tiny distraction away that seems to be weighing tons 
in order to get those soul quenching glimpses of Your presence. 
It overwhelms me with beauty, fear & engulfing peace-all at once. 
I catch pieces of eternity in these moments. 
It's as if you are tapping me on my shoulder, 
only to remind me of all that is in store. 
Of the purpose of my life- to glorify You in all things. 
You call your people to be joyful always. 
Your purpose is bigger that what I can offer.
You don't need me to accomplish what is to come- You have that taken care of already
You want me to participate in this glorious working and plan you have for this dying & thirsty world. 
These are the moments it takes to get my wandering eyes & heart fixated on Truth. 
Indeed, you quiet my soul to a restful state but in this you set a flame to the urgency of your purposes. 
It is these moments I thank You for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment